Welcome to the HighspireGardens Blog!

Here you can find my Garden Journal, follow my Animal Adventures and view my other items of interest.

Also Visit HighspireGardens.com featuring "Highspire" -- an 1894 Queen Anne Victorian Private Home and Gardens -- Photos, Videos, History, Articles and Area Attractions.


November 27, 2008

Garden Journal - Thanksgiving & Holly!

Today is Gabby's (the Baby Yorkie) first day home following her fourth operation to address birth defects. Gabby is taking it easy during recovery, but still joined me and the rest of the Critters of Highspire for turkey!

Afternoon sunshine and temperatures in the mid-40s made the Garden pleasant for strolling. I planted this holly (above) in May near the Stone Pool and its berries add a striking new dash of winter color to Highspire!