Welcome to the HighspireGardens Blog!

Here you can find my Garden Journal, follow my Animal Adventures and view my other items of interest.

Also Visit HighspireGardens.com featuring "Highspire" -- an 1894 Queen Anne Victorian Private Home and Gardens -- Photos, Videos, History, Articles and Area Attractions.


September 6, 2008

Courthouse Groundbreaking

Funding is now in place, so today is the Groundbreaking Ceremony for the new Courthouse! Despite the extremely heavy rain, the Governor, our local Judges and all sorts of politicians came to Berkeley Springs to get the job done!

Below I'm standing with Debra A. Kesecker, Clerk of the County Court, who saved all of our Deed Books from the fire by safely closing the vault door the night before. I watched her carefully fulfill this duty every night that I was in the Deed Room at closing time. I was always impressed by her through attention to this important act. Who would have ever dreamed that her absolute dedication to duty would save our irreplaceable Deed and record books from one terrible night of complete destruction!