Welcome to the HighspireGardens Blog!

Here you can find my Garden Journal, follow my Animal Adventures and view my other items of interest.

Also Visit HighspireGardens.com featuring "Highspire" -- an 1894 Queen Anne Victorian Private Home and Gardens -- Photos, Videos, History, Articles and Area Attractions.


November 3, 2008

Garden Journal - Colorful Trees!

This gorgeous yellow maple is located beside the driveway at Highspire. I'll always think of it as "C.C.'s Tree" because I took her picture under this tree every Fall. Below is C.C. under her tree in Fall 1999.








In the North Bed, the red maple (left) and the Yoshino Cherry (yellow leaves on right) are thriving and showing off their best fall splendor! I hauled each of them from Virginia to Highspire ten years ago in the back of my Jeep!