Welcome to the HighspireGardens Blog!

Here you can find my Garden Journal, follow my Animal Adventures and view my other items of interest.

Also Visit HighspireGardens.com featuring "Highspire" -- an 1894 Queen Anne Victorian Private Home and Gardens -- Photos, Videos, History, Articles and Area Attractions.


October 20, 2008

Garden Journal - First Frost and Freeze

So....the warm weather had to end sometime, and last night was It! Our overnight low dropped to 26 degrees. It was the usual last minute scramble to get the tropicals inside before sunset. While I was outside, I took a moment to say Goodbye to all of my tender plants that bloomed so beautifully in season and deep into this unusally warm Fall. This morning a thick dusting of frost was evident and the tender perennials are finished for the season. They did their job brilliantly and deserve their Rest now...I'll miss them, but I'll see them in the Spring!